The shell consists of a soft waterproof outer layer made of Water-resistant fabric (PUL) featuring a stunning designer print, and a water-resistant inner lining (PUL) that allows for any mess to be easily wiped clean.
The unique waterproof lining means the shell can be reused, lasting numerous nappy changes before washing is required.
Made with light-weight waterproof materials, washing is as simple as a wipe-down, spray down or a rinse under the tap, and drying time is fast.
Featuring outer double gusseting around the thighs to guard against leakage as well as gusseting at the rear of the nappy to avoid leakage up the back.
Fitting our Shell:
Involves two options to allow for custom shaping and fit:
- 1. Groin Snap-Rise System: 4x size settings allowing parents to customise to a longer/shorter nappy and to provide a custom fit around thighs.
(These snaps are situated in the lower section of the front of the nappy shell.)
- 2. Waist-Size System: Double row of snaps situated at the top of the front of the nappy shell, to allow for a personalised fit to baby’s waist size. Overlapping closure feature also available..
Fitting our Shells
How To Fit Our Nappies:
- 1. Snap Insert In To Waterproof Inner Lining Of Shell .
- 2. For More Absorbency (Overnight/Heavy Wetters): Snap Booster To The Waterproof Inner Lining Of The Shell First, Then Snap The Insert On Top Of The Booster
- 3. Lay Baby On Top Of Open Nappy, Ensuring Back Of Nappy Sits Just At The Top Of Baby’s Bottom Crack
- 4. Pull Front Of Nappy Up Much Higher On Belly Than The Back Sits
- 5. Adjust Length Of The Nappy Via Groin Snap-Rise: (Situated Lower Section On Front Of Shell- 4 Options) Connect The Snaps Upwards To Shorten Nappy
- 6. Use Fingers To Tuck The Excess Fabric Upwards In Between Front Groin Rise Snaps
- 7. Bring Side Waist Tabs Up And Around Baby For A Snug And Secure Fit Around Waist
- 8. Pull Leg Gussets Out Around Thighs, Running A Finger Along The Inside Of The Shell Gussets And Pull Out The Insert Gussets So They Sit Within The Shell Gussets (This Will Ensure The Insert Is Sitting Flat And Not Bunched Up Inside Nappy)
- 9. Tuck The Shell Gusset Elastic Back In To Baby’s Underwear Line To Avoid Discomfort
- 10. Ensure No Gaps Around Back Or Thighs, And Ensure Two Fingers Width At The Front Top Panel So There Is Some Space For When Baby Is Sitting Up
- 11. Nappy Changes: Snap Out Soiled Insert And Snap Clean One In. (Shells Are Completely Waterproof And Wipe-Able To Ensure Multiple-Use Before Washing, However You May Choose To Spray And Wipe Down/Air-Dry/Wash Between Use.)
How many do I need?
The amount of supplies needed depends on:
- 1. The frequency parents wish to wash (recommended is every 1-2 days)
- 2. Whether choosing to use exclusively full-time with our brand from birth to toddler, or part-time/on regular rotation with other brands.
- The below is an indication of amount recommended for Exclusive and full-time use of our range from birth to toddler training (lifespan for 2+ years):
MINI Full-time: (Average change 1-2 hours)
- 6-9 Shells (shells are easily wiped down between changes)
- 18-27 Inserts
OSFM Full-time: (Average change 2-3 hours)
- 9-12 Shells (shells are easily wiped down between changes)
- 27 Inserts
- 9 Boosters (Heavy wetters, day naps and overnight use per day/night cycle).
Urine: Place Lightly Urinated Items Into A Dry Pail.* (See Below For Details)
Feces: Shake Waste Off The Insert Into Toilet/ Use Toilet Paper To Scrape Off Solids And Flush/ Use A Toilet Spray Attachment To Spray Solids Into The Toilet.
- Recommended Optional Extra: (Newborn Poo/Teething Babies/Acidic Urine) Briefly Hand Rinse Soiled Insert Under Laundry Tap To Remove Any Excess Waste. Squeeze Excess Water Out, Then Place In The Dry Pail Until Ready To Wash.
Reusable/Disposable Liners: Remove The Waste From Liner By Shaking Waste Into Toilet- Place Disposing Liner In Your Garbage Or Reusable Liner In Dry Pail Until Wash Day. Do Not Flush Liners As They Are A Hazard To The Environment And Plumbing.
- Washing Day: Unsnap All Items (Fasten Together Velcro Tabs Where Used). Unload Shells, Inserts And Booster Into Washing Machine As They Can Be Washed Together.
Rinse Cycle: (Cold/Warm/Max. 30 Degrees) This Removes Excess Soiling Prior To Main Wash (Detergent Optional Or Max. 1/2 Recommended Dosage For Your Machine Size). Best To Use A Rinse Cycle That Removes The Dirty Water.
Long Heavy Cycle: (Choose Longest Option) (Cold/ Warm/Max 30-60 Degrees). Use Half/ Full Recommended Dosage Of Detergent For Your Load Size. Use Double Dosage If Choosing To Use An Eco/Plant Based Washing Detergent.
- Recommended: Add General Household Laundry To This Phase Of The Wash If Not Washing Enough Nappies To Fill 2/3 Of The Machine When Wet. It Will Decrease Dramatic Spin On Nappy Shells.
Drying Inserts/Boosters: Drying In Direct Sunlight Or Air Dry Is Recommended, And Will Aid In Naturally Bleaching Any Stains. Tumble-Dry On Lowest/Delicate Setting Only. No Fabric Softener.
Drying Shells: Shade Dry Only With Patterned Side Facing Upwards. Do Not Tumble-Dry Or Dry In Direct Sunlight Any Products Containing PUL As This Can Damage And Will Void Your Warranty.
*Dry-Pail: Open-Lid Storage Container Such As A Bucket Or Plastic Laundry Bucket Until Ready To Wash. It Is Termed "Dry-Pailing" As We No Longer Have To Soak Modern Cloth Nappies Like Traditional Cloth Nappies. Lots Of Air Flow Is Recommended While Waiting Until Laundry Day, So Opting For A Basket With Hole In The Sides Are Ideal.